Basic search engine
The search engine at the top of the screen allows you to search for content at any time:
- type 1 or more keywords (an expression or word that describes what you are looking for) into the search field at the top of the screen,
- click on "OK" to launch the search,
- a results page showing a list of links will appear. These links correspond to your search topic and are listed by relevance, with the most relevant link appearing at the top of the list,
- click on a link to access a page or file containing the word(s) you searched for.
Advanced search engine
You can carry out an advanced search for 1 or more words across all pages and files on the site as well as on the websites of the 4 Lafarge Businesses.
An advanced search allows you to fine tune your search by restricting or expanding your search area.
- Click on the "Advanced search" link at the top of the screen.
- Enter 1 or more keywords (an expression or word that describes what you are looking for) into the search field.
You can fine tune your search by:
- selecting the section(s) of the Lafarge site that interests you,
- and/or selecting the site(s) of the Group Businesses that you want to search (in French only),
- and/or selecting the language (French and/or English) of the site(s) you want to search,
- choosing to search for information in a particular format (P.D.F., W.M.V., etc.).
- Click on "Send" to launch the search.
- A results page showing a list of links will appear. These links correspond to your search topic and are listed by relevance, with the most relevant link appearing at the top of the list.
- Click on a link to access a page or file containing the word(s) you searched for.
Hints and tips to improve your advanced search:
- The choice of keywords is vital to the success of your search. It is generally a good idea to use more than 1 keyword: the more precise your search, the more precise your results are likely to be. For example, if you are looking for information about cement production, you should enter "cement production" rather than "cement".
- If you enter several keywords in the search field, the search engine will display the pages that contain all of the keywords at the top of the list, then list the pages containing fewer and fewer keywords in descending order. Don't forget that the order in which you enter your keywords can have an impact on the search results.
- If you type "AND" between 2 key words or to link a series of keywords, the search engine will only display pages that contain all of the keywords.
- The search engine does not take account of common words like "the" or "of", certain numbers and individual letters. These tend to slow down the search process but do not improve the search results.
- You can search for an exact expression by placing quotation marks ("") around 2 or more words. This kind of search (for example, "reliability of cement kilns") takes account of all the keywords entered.
- The search field is not case sensitive. You will get the same results if you search for "Bruno Lafont", "BRUNO LAFONT" or "bruno lafont".
- If a common word is key to obtaining the results you need, you can make sure that it is taken into account by adding the "+" symbol. You should enter a space before the "+" sign, but not after. For example: "Lafarge +cement" not "Lafarge + cement".
- If a keyword has several meanings (for example "additive" in the context of "cement additives" only), you can restrict the search by adding a "-" sign before any words that should be excluded from the search. You should enter a space before the "-" sign, but not after.
File search engine
You can search the content of press kits, publications, videos and visuals (P.D.F., W.M.V. etc.) from several pages, particularly in the Shareholders and Journalists sections. Follow these steps:
- select the year of publication,
- and/or select a theme (shareholder, sustainable development, etc.),
- and/or select a file type (visual, video, etc.),
- click on the "Submit" button to launch the search,
- a results page containing the relevant links will appear,
- click on the links to access your chosen files.