Innovation on every level
Our innovative approach covers the entire construction value chain:
- We innovate at the microscopic particle and microstructure level to better understand the behavior of our materials (resistance, fluidity, durability) and predict how they will perform in a product, building system or building.
We innovate at the materials level, by developing new cement, concrete and aggregate products, including the following:
- Durabric, our cement binder used to make earth-cement blocks to build affordable housing;
- OneCem, our new low-density drilling cement for the oil and gas industry;
- Aether, our cement offering 30% lower carbon emissions;
- Ductal®, our ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC), offering aesthetics and high mechanical strength;
- Aggneo™, our range of recycled aggregates.
- We innovate at the building systems level, by combining our materials and pairing them with other components for improved performance (e.g., lightweight facades insulated with our ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC) Ductal®).
- We innovate at the buildings level, by developing revolutionary concepts in terms of housing (e.g., the Hauts Plateaux vertical housing estate in Bègles, France) and environmental performance (e.g., the ABCD+ house).
- We innovate at the city level, by using our building solutions to respond to the challenges of urbanization: housing, urban sprawl, environmental performance and durability, aesthetics, transport, and energy infrastructure. We are currently working to build the new ecological city Zenata, Morocco's first eco-city!