Public buildings & amenities
Public buildings need to be exemplary, in terms of safety, durability, environmental and thermal performance, as well as aesthetics. These are some of the challenges faced by public bodies when they build schools, libraries, city halls and other public amenities. Lafarge is the right partner to help you achieve your goals. We work with you from the design phase to completion, providing you with the most appropriate construction solutions using adapted cement, concrete, aggregates and building systems. Our objective: ensuring maximum energy efficiency, safety, resilience and beauty for your buildings.
For public bodies and contractors, building public amenities, such as schools, libraries, city halls or cultural centers, high-security building or outdoor square, involves addressing some critical issues:
- Ensuring the full safety of the public;
- Showcasing exemplary environmental and thermal performance in order to receive green building certifications (LEED, BREEAM, HQE, etc.);
- Designing beautiful buildings that stand the test of time and make their mark on a city;
- Making good use of public funds by working within budgets which are often limited.
Lafarge is committed to helping you meet every challenge
We provide your building with superior resilience and durability
- Concrete is the most fire-resistant, non-chemically treated material, ahead of other materials such as steel and wood.
- Reduce flooding and slippery surface hazards in public squares and around public buildings, thanks to our pervious concretes, such as Hydromedia®.
We enhance the environmental and thermal performance of your public building
- Improve insulation and energy efficiency of your public building with Thermedia® concrete range, our new generation of thermal efficient concretes.
- Ensure your compliance with local construction regulations, through our complete range of high thermal performance concrete blocks.
- Create energy-efficient construction elements (walls, floors, roofs, etc.) with our selection of Efficient Building Systems™, combining our cement, aggregates and concrete solutions with other insulating components.
- Get in touch with our international team of green building specialists, who can help you with specification & design guidance. You are sure to select the best systems and materials to maximize your LEED, BREEAM or HQE rating.
We work with architects to create unique innovative designs for your public amenities
We encourage architectural creative freedom with our Lafarge concrete materials and solutions:
- Light and breathtaking designs, amazing curves and shapes with Ductal®, our ultra-high-performance concrete (UHPC). Plus its high durability ensures that your building stays beautiful for a long time.
- The wide choice of colors, textures and patterns of our Artevia® range of decorative concretes.
- Our decorative aggregates, recommended for landscaping and enhancing your exterior fittings.
We also run joint experiment projects with architects, to provide them with the latest innovations in building solutions.