Innovate, invent, develop and drive progress in building materials as innovation is one of our strategic priorities.
Roles & responsibilities
R&D is an integral part of the Lafarge strategy and plays a key role in meeting the needs of tomorrow.
We provide resources that match our ambitions and devote over 170 million euros to research each year. More than 1,300 employees of different nationalities - scientists, engineers and technicians who are all experts in their field - are working to create the building materials of tomorrow at:
- the Lafarge Research Center at the Isle d'Abeau in France,
- more than 25 application and development laboratories around the world,
- technical centers linked to our businesses and business units (a decentralized network).
Examples of positions
- Research engineer
- Chief project engineer
Join us if you are:
- a highly qualified scientist in mineralogy, hydration chemistry, rheology or micro-mechanics,
- rigorous, interested in other cultures and comfortable working in a team.
After a few years as a research engineer, you might consider becoming a project manager in product development or a quality manager in an operational unit (manufacturing, site management, marketing, etc.)
Testimonial: Jesus, Spanish, research engineer at the Technology Center in France
"R&D plays an increasingly important strategic role in the Group. Our challenge is to convince operational units that research can help them to earn money. The Lafarge Research Center brings together brilliant scientists who share their knowledge and act as a real driving force! The combination of a very sophisticated technical environment and a friendly atmosphere appealed to me immediately."