Taking advantage from EU funds support, Polish authorities have stepped up their National Road Construction Program.
One of goals of the Program is to connect Wroclaw, city of nearly 650,000 inhabitants located in the south-western Poland, with Bialystok, metropolis located in the north of the country with nearly 300,000 inhabitants, through the capital Warsaw. So far it took over 9 hours to cover the 565 km separating Wroclaw and Bialystok.
But the inhabitants of these cities can rejoice, those days are gone! The construction of S8 express road is underway.
A package of solutions for faster travel!
Lafarge provides its solutions for almost 100 km of this express road including:
- 36 km of bypassing ring of city of Augustów, close to Lithuanian border
- 43 km of concrete road and bridges in Central Poland,
- 20 km of the express road at the heart of the project near Łódź also in central Poland. The works have been already completed – 1.5 months in advance!
For this ambitious project, we developed a bespoke and unique One Lafarge integrated solution, including:
- concrete for bridges and pavements (180,000 m3 from 3 mobile plants),
- bulk cement,
- services, such as supply chain management (inbound, on site and outbound logistics), quality testing and pumping.
Polish cities and their inhabitants have never been so close!