On a global scale, natural alluvial sand is becoming an increasingly rare and difficult-to-access resource. To preserve it, an alternative solution is Lafarge manufactured sands, produced by crushing rocks.
They have numerous advantages:
- They are as fine and regular as natural sand.
- Like natural sand, they offer constant and controlled quality to guarantee reliability.
- They increase the compressive strength of concrete by 3 to 5%.
- They can be produced in numerous countries, facilitating supply in areas where natural sand is scarce.
Depending on how finely they are ground, they can be used for:
- road surfacing (the coarsest),
- concrete blocks,
Thanks to their mechanical properties, the finest sands can also be used in the composition of concretes, including high performance products.