Culture & sports facilities
Museums, opera houses, concert halls and stadiums can shape cities and increase the revenues of many businesses and urban players, including municipalities, sports clubs and associations or private foundations. Lafarge is the right partner to build beautiful, landmark cultural facilities and sports arenas. From the design phase, we bring you our experience with the world's greatest architects, our history of complex projects, as well as our innovative best-in-class cement, concrete and aggregates solutions.
Lafarge solutions for culture & sports facilities
Arts & Culture
As a private foundation, contractor or public body dedicated to promoting culture, you develop museums, concert halls, opera houses, and more. We understand the stakes are high as you confront the following demanding challenges:
- Contribute to a vibrant and unique landmark that represents what's best about a city,
- Maximize durability to ensure your cultural facility stands the test of time,
- Create a unique design that will remain relevant for decades, and creating an optimal acoustic environment for concert and opera halls.
- Ensure project safety and meet tight planning and budget constraints.
During the design and construction of these buildings dedicated to arts and culture, Lafarge works with you every step of the way to:
- Build partnerships with renowned architects of famous museums and cultural projects, as we did for some of the most iconic ones: Oscar Niemeyer's Niteroi Museum of contemporary arts in Brazil, Rudy Ricciotti's new Mucem in Marseille and many more.
- Overcome the most complex operational challenges, with our project management experience involving multiples players, both public and private, local and international.
- Develop tailored cement, concrete and aggregates materials solutions using the latest technologydeveloped at our R&D Center - the first of its kind for building materials worldwide - and in our local labs (CDLs) located near your project sites.
- Support you through our global supply and distribution network ensuring you have consistent quality and delivery throughout the lifespan of your project.
Today, stadiums are more than just sports arenas. They are now landmarks of a city's skyline, the showcase of a sport club's brand and the key to their business model.
As a result, building such facilities requires companies, contractors and public bodies to:
provide a unique aesthetic and acoustic experience to spectators,
include all the business facilities of a modern sports arena (shopping, entertainment, events, conferences, etc.),
complete projects on time and on budget, maintain public support throughout project lifetime.
Lafarge is your partner to design and build attractive, innovative and durable sports facilities:
We have extensive experience working with renowned architects on major stadiums worldwide, including the most spectacular ones: Stade Jean Bouin in Paris, the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, several football stadiums for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and many more.
As a world leader, we work with you to design the most advanced solutions tailored to your sports arena projects:
From traditional cement to high-tech aesthetic concretes, such as our ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC) Ductal® and our decorative concretes Artevia®.
A range of environmental solutions to reduce your stadium's environmental footprint, such as Aggneo™ recycled aggregates, Thermedia® insulating concrete and Hydromedia™ pervious concrete for water recovery.
Any other required custom-made products can be specifically developed by our R&D labs at both international and local levels.
We supply all our materials on time to your work site to respect your project delivery term, through our comprehensive and global logistics solutions.